March 2, 2016

Slow & Steady.

You guys!  I've gone 1 full week without injury.  Yes!!!  Now, I don't want to jinx myself, (like I did with my toe...) but, I'm pretty happy about that fact. ha!  



I've gradually been increasing my daily walking/steps.  Slowly but surely I am improving every day.  I may be sore as hell (back/hip) by bedtime, but, I am in a much better state of mind - and that makes it all worth while.  At least, that's what I tell myself.  I don't think about the fact that I *may* be overdoing it a bit.  Also, I may or may not (read: definitely) have braved my beloved trampoline over the past couple days.  Now, I don't jump.  I'm barely bouncing at this point.  BUT, just getting up on it and moving back and forth makes my little heart happy - so, as long as I'm not in pain as I do it, I'm going to continue (against all the advice from everyone I know, lol!)



Verdict on the toe:  broken.  Shortly after I blogged last week, I noticed more bruising.  My toe had turned a delightful shade of dark red and black & blue. I thought I had better get it checked out.  The last thing that I wanted was to wait and then delay healing.  Thankfully, it wasn't a true break in the bone.  Instead, I broke a piece clean off.  Yowsa!  The healing time is shorter with this type of break, therefore, I'm looking at 2-3 weeks in that lovely boot.  As of today, I am confident I'll be able to get a shoe back on in 2!  One great perk of this whole situation has been grossing people out as I send them random photos of my toe. :)

Finally...


Look at that face!!  Gosh, I don't think it's possible to love any harder than I do for that pup.  Ok, I guess I do love the Demon a little bit more.. (just don't tell baby Blue).

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment