February 24, 2016

I am *that* friend.

You all know, that friend, the one that is always hurt.  That one person in your life where nothing seems to go right and they are always experiencing some sort of trouble.  That annoying, complaining about everything going wrong in their life, person.

I'm afraid to admit, that's me. 

I don't even have to TRY to be that person.  I want  to be the person that can be looked at as doing all she can to accomplish the goals she sets for herself.  I want  to be the person that inspires others to try to push themselves beyond what they think they can do.  I try  to be that person.

I've tried for so long, now, to be the positive - to see the positive.

Let's backtrack for a few... at the end of last year I bought a small trampoline.  It was a cheapie that I found on Amazon.  It was good enough, however, I knew there were better options out there.  I was beginning to get very serious when it came to meeting my goals.  I had lost my walking mojo and I thought if I found a fun way to get some "steps" I would find the motivation I had lost.  I chose this one to replace the cheapie.  So, not totally an inexpensive decision.  I was psyched!

Shortly after hitting my first 7 mile day (which included using the trampoline for 3 days)  I took one step in my office and partially tore my plantar fascia. I was grounded.. no more bouncing.  One day after wearing that lace up brace, intended to heal that injury, I woke up and was dealing with horrific sciatica.  I spent the last few months healing.  Steroids, anti-inflammatory medications, ice, heat, multiple x-rays, an MRI, and soon to be physical therapy.  Now, I'm in no way complaining.  I stopped that weeks ago.  I'm also not blaming any of this on my trampoline.  Everything I've read has shown how beneficial rebounding is for the body. I'm merely giving a bit of history, to lead up to what occurred last night.


I've been  killing  it!  Each day, I've increased my steps and mileage.  I've gone to bed each night, sore, but mentally happier than the day before.  Happy with how far I've come - how hard I've pushed myself!

Last night -
I put in my time on the, above mentioned, trampoline.
I laid down on my bed and iced my back.  
I was going to put in another mile (22 mins) on the "tramp". Finish out my night with more steps the the night before.

I stood up, walked around my beloved tramp...only to crack my poor pinky toe on her metal leg.

I let out the normal, "SON OF A....", and sat down on my bed.  I laughed.  I couldn't believe that thing got me again.  I iced my toe.  Overnight, moving certain ways, the pain woke me.  This morning, it's bruised and swollen.  (I won't subject you to a foot pic..)  It doesn't matter if it's broken..it's just a lousy baby toe.  But, I can't bend it, it hurts to simply SLEEP... how in the hell am I going to keep up with my steps.  I can only hope and pray that it's just deeply bruised and will heal quickly.

FRUSTRATION.

The positive:  it wasn't my big toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment