June 16, 2016

You guys..

.. I can't believe it's been so long!! Gosh.  My bad.  We're officially into summer break!  

Now, you all know, I hate the heat.  But, the break from school and the school schedule is worth a bit of warmth.  At least that is what I have to tell myself to get through days when it's gross outside.

This is going to be a totally random, recap, type of post.  A bunch of stuff has been going on with us!



Uh, as most things with me, succulents have become an obsession.  I have gone a tad crazy this spring.  Normally, I am against any type of flower or plant.  I have a black thumb - the blackest of black thumbs.  I asked some friends, as spring was approaching, what types of plants I could keep outside for the year and would be able to tolerate our cold weather.  Having a mischievous cat puts a damper on too many types of indoor plants.  I was pointed in the direction of succulents.  I know, most of what is shown is going to have to come inside, anyway, once the cold weather comes - but, I am stoked!  I love them so much.  It's weird to say that about plants, but..they are so freaking cute. And, I need more.

Speaking of cute....


.. no blog of mine will ever be complete without a collage of my Baby Blue.  Have you ever looked at someone/something and thought to yourself "Seriously, I couldn't love you any more than I do!"  But, the next time you look at them you think "wow, I love you even more today!!" I'm sure I said that phrase about the Demon at some point.. ha!  But, I feel this every single time I look at this dog.  He is my most favorite.


We had to say good bye to Mr. Mao.  What an awful thing to go through.  I've never had to be the one to make the final call when it comes to letting a pet go.  He had gotten so sick very quickly.  It was a very hard decision, but the right one.  We sure miss him, a lot.  That's all I am going to say about that..


Spike has been so much more lovey dovey!  Annoyingly so. But, we're being as supportive as we can, as I am sure he still misses his brother.  As far as the other dogs, they are chugging right along!  Fernie completed her training classes and seems a bit better behaved when it comes to listening to commands.  She's such a good pup...unpredictable, but good.  Ha!  And what can I say about Old Man Truck???  He's still a gross poo eating beagle. lol Although, I can't look at his face without smiling.


Early in the spring I was really putting in the mileage at the cemetery.  Spring Grove Cemetery has been my happy place for many years.  I'm not there as often as I like during the hotter months, but, I'm sure I'll head up there soon - I really need to get out and get back to my walking!  Not to mention, I also have really slacked off when it comes to getting out and taking photos.


I haven't been out for weeks to take any type of photos.  In my defense, I've had a lot of home repairs/work done recently and I've been busy boxing up things and, now, trying to put my house back together.  It's taking much longer to put it back together than I ever imagined!  Spring flowers sure do brighten things up around town.

top left - my brother and the demon / top right - my nephew
bottom left - after graduating! / bottom right - the demon and myself


The Beast has graduated high school!!!!  What?!?!?!  How is that possible?  He was so happy, it was a very nice evening out with the family.  So very proud of that kid.. ok, young man!  His plans are now to turn 18 and head off to boot camp.

Speaking of growing up and not believing how fast time goes?


Yes!  The Demon is loose on the roads.  Everyone in the greater Cincinnati area should watch out!  This year, the Demon is a senior,  turning 18 in November, participating in his first election, and  hopefully  getting a job.  Again.. what?!?!?  Who is this guy?!  He actually wants a job.  I'm sure it has to do with being responsible for paying for his own gas, but still.  It's something!  While I'm on the subject of the Demon, he's had a bit of a rough go at it lately.  He was recently going through some issues we thought had been related to his Ulcerative Colitis.  Unfortunately, after a series of GI scopes, it's been determined he has Crohn's.  To say that we were shocked would be a monster understatement.  It was crushing.  Thankfully, the shock and anger has worn off and we're (read: he) is moving forward with treatment.  If you're the praying type, he could always use them.

I think that's all for now.  Wow, this post is super long.  I hope everyone still reading this little blog of mine is doing well.  Mentally, I seem to be doing okay.  With the Demon driving, my anxiety has seen new levels of high, but, I am like the dogs - chugging right along.

We're more than halfway through 2016, make the second half even better than the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment