March 8, 2012

Love.

sorry for the light glare!

My Grandpa worked as a printer for as long as I can remember.  This box has been hanging in my Grannie's dining room for just as long.  I've always LOVED this box and one day it will belong to me.  :)


The Demon thinks the little copy of the New Testament is one of the coolest things ever!  I think the Girl Scout pin belongs to my Momma.  The marble see/hear/speak no evil monkeys are great.  Is that a "Cupie" (sp) doll?  So cute!!

creepy!
I don't think there is any rhyme or reason for some of the components of this display.


I have no idea how old this post card is, but judging from the fact that I've never seen the zoo ever look like this, it's gotta be stupid old.  I love everything about this box.  I love how creative it is.  I love that when I look at it I think of my Grandpa.  

Love it. 

My only thoughts to change it up would be to find printing press letters and add the names of the Beast and Demon.

As I was snooping around my Grannie's dining room I stumbled upon this "gem"..


And by "gem" I mean "this hideous grape pitcher". Does anyone remember this post?  How weird!  I had no idea that the pitcher was there, but it's just as ugly as the freakin' vases that we have that still reside on my mantle.

I think I may just randomly go from room to room next door and take pictures.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll stumble on many more surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment