January 5, 2017

2017.

Stage IIB.  

That's where I am.  Officially.  I had already done quite a bit of research and from what I knew about what was going on, inside of me, I was prepared for that diagnosis.  My oncologist went on to inform me that I was looking at chemotherapy and radiation.  Again, I was prepared.

He let me know that I wouldn't lose my hair...and I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.  Such a vain relief.

My future looks to hold 5 days, a week, of radiation with one of those days being chemo/radiation combo, for the next 5-6 weeks.  I am having both, internal and external, types of radiation.  I was warned of the fatigue that will come along with everything.  I meet with my radiation oncologist tomorrow, and I'm sure she will have loads of information to share.

I'm not quite sure I have any idea of what is ahead of me.  I don't know that you can really prepare yourself with how you, specifically, will react to these treatments.  You just go with the flow.

You have no other option.

You have no real time to cry.
You have no real time to worry.
You have no real time to be scared.
You have no real time to think "What if!?".

Everything moves so quickly - because it has to.

You do what you have to do to get the the finish line.. a clear PET scan.

You do the chemotherapy.
You do the radiation.
You do whatever surgeries are recommended.
You take whatever supplements are suggested.

You do all of that because the only other option is one you will not accept.

2017 is not going to be easy - but I will be around to celebrate the beginning of 2018.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Doing chemotherapy and radiation is not a small decision to make, and it's important to have the support of loved ones. I hope you are able to get well and not have to suffer that much. Take care!

    Kacey @ Glendale MRI

    ReplyDelete