February 1, 2016

2016.



Hello!  

So, let's get things out of the way.  2015 around here (this blog) sucked!  I have no idea what my excuses could be.  I was busy?  I was bored?  I was just not interested?  So many times I would sit and think "I want to blog!", but, just as quickly as that thought popped into my head something different grabbed my attention.  Whatever that "something" was, it likely wasn't very interesting, either. ha!  

The last blog I posted I did a quick life update.  I mentioned I would update how well I did with sticking with my 2015 goal:

focus on my health - physically, but more so mentally.  - I do believe I have tried to keep up with this one.  I have been derailed a couple times because of injury and, well, lack of motivation.. but this has been in the front of my mind all year long. 
 
focus on staying positive! - Whew. This is not an easy one for me.  I really dwell on negativity and it's very hard to maintain that positive attitude at times.  I've tried.
 
focus on doing what i want when i want how i want with whom i want. -walking, napping, photo taking, blogging. - I think this one is a fail.  I haven't taken nearly as many photos as I have in previous years - and I miss that.  As far as my walking, I won't pretend I have been injured the entire year.  It all comes down to just a total lack of focus and determination!  I have to push myself, more.  I know my anxiety has a lot to do with pushing myself, but I'm trying.
 
focus on improving....organizing my life. - I have worked well on this one.  I have downsized a bit around the house.  Went through my closets, bookshelves, basement rooms...de-cluttered and organized!  I still have a long way to go.
 
focus on  accepting myself. - Another longtime goal for me.  I think I am in a much better place, mentally, than I was at the beginning of 2015. If I were asked today, "how are you?"  I think I can solidly say "I'm good!".
 
focus on my family. - I don't think there is ever a day in my life I don't focus on my family.  I wouldn't be the person I am without them.  One advantage of growing up in a small family is how unbelievably close we all are...and I wouldn't have it any other way.
 
So, there ya go!!  I think I did pretty well.  There is always room to grow and that is what I plan to work on in 2016.  My health, my attitude, my whole self.  I need to be the best me I can be, for everyone around me.
 
 I don't know if anyone is still around these parts and reading this little blog of mine but, that's okay. I do hope to be around more, in 2016!  I love being able to look back on the year and see how far I've grown, as a person.  I've loved having the documentation of my year - the good and the bad. 

Here's to 2016 - a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment