December 31, 2014

Good bye, 2014!

I am sure I say the same thing every year.. I can't believe we're already at the end!  I haven't given much thought, at all, to the new year goals I want to set for myself.  I think I've fallen into a funk and I am sure it has to do with the holidays.  Nothing is the same without my mom.  Nothing will ever be the same.  I think I do pretty well throughout the year.  On a day to day basis, I live my life.  I wake, I work, I come home.  I hope to begin walking - in full force - again soon.  My knee is doing better.. well enough that I can likely get back to my 3 miles a day.  

It isn't until a special occasion that I get down... 

Anywho.. let's take a look back on my 2014 goals.

01.  Be more positive about myself that extends beyond my physical appearance. (stop being so hard on myself in other areas of my life) 
-- I am so happy I think I really did work hard at this one.  It is always something that I will work on and I am okay with that.

02.  Share more photos.
-- Well, I am not sure about this one.  I did post a lot on my Instagram this year.  I love sharing my photos over there.  I also share those photos to my Facebook.  So.. I guess this is something I can cross off as - done!

03.  Accomplish one photo an hour a day, once a month.
-- Uh, nope.  Not even once.

04.  Realize that I deserve to put myself first.
-- I don't think, as a mother, this will ever get crossed off.  Although, I am sure I put myself and my best interest ahead of others to get out on that trail every day.  I can't wait to get back out there!

05.  Take a real vacation.
-- Yes!  It was an anxiety filled trip away..but I do look forward to doing it all over again in 2015.

06.  Do exactly what makes me happy.
-- I did!  I bought myself a new camera, & loads of new purses.  I got a new pup and put so much energy into walking.

07.  Paint my fingernails more often!
-- This is another..nope!  I didn't miss it at all.

08.  Simplify my house....downsize the world around me.
-- I have to admit, this is probably a no, as well.  I did, finally, take care of my bedroom!

09.  Use my camera more than my cell phone!
-- Another one that I probably didn't accomplish.  It is just so easy to pull out my phone and snap away vs. lugging around my camera.  But, this is  something I want to work on in the new year.

10.  Surround myself only with people that lift me up.. not drag me down.
-- I am happy about this one.  I love the people that I am surrounded by.. every day.

Looking back over the year,  I can see that I didn't accomplish everything I had set out and hoped I would.  But, you know?  I don't even care.  I suppose that goes back to #1... choosing to not be so negative and moving forward.

I am happy to see what 2015 brings.  Now, I'm off to think about 10 new goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment