July 24, 2012

flea market gold.

this past saturday we (my brother, the beast and the demon) went to a local flea market - trader's world.  seriously, click that link!  i never knew there was a site for trader's world until i just did a quick google search to link it here.  ahhh, good stuff.

i posted, on my facebook, how the demon chose to spend his money but for those of my readers that are not on my personal facebook here ya go...


yes that is my living room mantle and no i had no idea he was going to purchase this as i sent him with the beast - on their own - to grab this last minute purchase!  what a surprise.

you may be asking yourself... why did the boys go off on their own? i am excited to tell you the reason!  i had just made a very heavy, amazing, wonderful,  purchase and my brother was hauling the item to the jeep.   

here,  let me show you...


meet Quincy!  for years we've gone to flea markets and i would take a very long time staring at the gnomes.  not quite finding one that i loved.  for those same years my brother and the boys have tried to talk me into getting gnome after gnome and i have always backed out at the last minute.  not this time!  i'm still not 100% sold on Quincy (yes, *I* named him) because i'm not too excited about the fact that he has a hole to hold things in his hand.  we're on the hunt to create a fishing pole and string.   

as of right now, i don't plan on painting him.  i think i like the whole eyeless zombie look.  

Quincy is currently living on my front porch because, quite frankly, i want to show him off to the world!  

who knows, now that i have a little back yard, maybe i will go crazy and purchase a whole gnome family to keep goober company.  or just maybe, i'll start looking for all sorts of barnyard stone creatures and create my own little inner city farm!   you know, a farm that will never really smell farmy... a win win.  as a matter of fact, i was mere seconds away from buying a pot belly stone pig.  seriously.

or maybe i just need to get more sleep and i'm really just losing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment