April 9, 2012

Easter 2012!

The Demon spent the weekend with his dad but we had to dye some eggs before he left.  But first, I had to hard boil the eggs.  If you know me, you know that hard boiling eggs is not on my short list of skills.  And, the following pictures will show that...


haaaaaaaa!  This is what happened when an egg cracked in the water (I didn't realize it was cracked) and the egg flows out and boils outside of the egg.  Who knew?  I'm sure many people.. but this was a first for me.  I was nervous to eat it but it was good.


Is it just me or does the yolk actually look like a chick?  Normally it doesn't take much to make us laugh and this was no different.  We were cracking up at this crazy mistake.

After we composed ourselves we started dying!  I just love dying Easter eggs. 



Saturday was a total lazy day for me.  I may or may not have lazed around in my pajamas, wasted all day watching A&E, finally took a shower and then put some clean pajama's on and watched The 10 Commandments.  

Sunday my brother, sister-in-law and nephew came down to celebrate Easter.  Nothing says Easter dinner better than Popeye's chicken!  Well, I'm sure a big spread including ham, taters and pie may  be better but that's now how we do it around here.  Hey!  I haven't eaten meat all Lent.  I wanted Popeye's.  While I could have taken loads of pictures of the food, this is what caught my eye...


This was my Grannie's plate.  Finished plate.  I mean, that's all the sides that she wanted!  In fact, the Beast asked her "how many green beans do you want?" and she replied "6."  He counted them out!  So funny.  I guess she didn't want to fill up on anything other than the delicious chicken.

The Demon came home at 4pm and found his Easter basket and then took a small basket over to my Momma.


The Demon has been asking for the Maximum Ride: Manga Series ever since I showed them to him.  I have to throw out a huge "Thanks!" to my friend Corinne for introducing them to us.  He was happily surprised!


Weeks ago my Momma asked for white chocolate.  I told her she had to wait for Easter!  She, too, was happy.

Finally, my brother helped me changed over some broken door knobs for me before he went home.  I also used an electric drill for the first time of my life!   All in all it was a great weekend.  

The Demon has his spring break this week.  In order for him to earn fun time this week he has to complete some school or housework before I come home from work.  I don't want him to not enjoy this break but I also know that he needs to still have some accountability for his past grades.

Here's hoping to a happy compromise this week and we're able to have a little fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment