January 28, 2012

The phone call no one wants to receive!?!

Anyone remember this post?

Friday afternoon I received a phone call from school.  I rarely pick up the phone when I see the name on caller id because I know it's some stupid recording informing me of some lame event that may be planned for the weekend - spaghetti dinner, bunco game, fish fry - whatever!  But, I thought.. what the heck I'll see what boring event is scheduled this weekend and answered the phone.  I was right.. the recording started and then my stomach sank.  I could feel the fluttering of nerves starting and felt sick to my stomach!

Bed bugs.

Apparently a 4th grader was talking after school to other classmates about their family having bed bugs.  The recording went on to explain that they have no confirmed reports of this being true because of the events happening as school was being release no accurate info could be gathered.  However, they wanted to give everyone a heads up.  They also are going have the school treated over the weekend and supply large plastic bags for Monday.  I was also instructed (via the recording) to throw any clothes into the dryer for at least 20 minutes.  

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the heads up.  However, giving a person like me heads up about bed bugs is never a good thing.

Immediately, I go into freak out mode.  I looked next to me and sitting in the chair were the clothes he wore that day to school so I grabbed them and the blanket they were laying on and tossed them into the dryer for 45 minutes!  Then, I did exactly what I should not do.... google bed bug treatments.

Never.  Do.  That.

I just hope and pray that this kid was playing a joke and we have nothing to worry about because I can't take the stress of seeing 1 single bug up in this house.   If you know me, you know my intense obsession with this house and bugs.  It won't be pretty for anyone involved.

2 comments:

  1. Praying it was all a hoax....bc I'm with ya...cannot even imagine...eeeek!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Me too!!! I probably shouldn't even typed this out because now I'm itching all over again. O_o

      Delete