September 30, 2011

I'm waving the white flag.

"It could have been worse."

I have found myself saying that phrase so much this year.

After each surgical complication - it could be worse.

After each doctor visit - it could be worse.

After Grannie fell in the shower and laid there,  bleeding,  for 6 hours - it could have been worse.

After Grannie was in the hospital for a bleeding ulcer - it could have been worse.

After my brother's car was totaled - it could have been worse.

After my basement floods and I'm shin deep in raw sewage - it could have been worse.

 
It's almost October.  In so many ways I'm very happy.  Excited that soon all of the Horror movies will be shown.  I'm happily counting down the hours before Halloween specials start to air on TV.  However, the fact remains that, I still have 3 months left in 2011.  To think that there are worse things that could happen to us terrifies me.

No comments:

Post a Comment