July 22, 2011

Surgery day! Take 2.


Zzzzzz.  As I am typing this it's just after midnight.. time for vitals and the alarm is "dinging" letting everyone know (within a half mile radius)  that his medicine has finished running through the IV.  I've been awake since 4am.  I think I managed an hour nap, but I think that hour was broken up by alarms and people parading through the room checking vitals, asking questions and checking incisions.  I'm not quite sure, though..as everything is already running together.

The surgery went well!  Of course, the Demon did not make it easy for the surgeon.  He made sure to have more scar tissue (apparently just from the surgery in May) that complicated things all over again.  In the end, the doctor was very pleased with the results and is hopeful that the Demon will make a full recovery it just may take a little more time than normal.  I anticipated for this very thing.  I fully expected that a 3-5 day estimate probably would turn into a 7 day stay.  :)

In the meantime, we wait.  Wait for his "bowels" to wake up.  Once he starts (ahem) passing gas and his tummy starts making some noises we get to start introducing food.  He's used to this routine - he will start with clear liquids, go to liquids, then soft food. 

I plan to update this blog daily.  I want a daily record of his progress.. not only with words but with pictures (the good, the bad, and hopefully very little ugly).

1 comment:

  1. Only a Demon can push through! LOL! He looks great, Casey, even just hours after surgery. Hang in there, mama. I'll buy you a big bottle of Ameretto when this is over. :D

    ReplyDelete