June 23, 2011

Pink is for boys too... right?

I used to be the perfect dog owner.  I used to spend all sorts of money on dog beds or pads for Truck in his cage.  I would wash them as often as I remembered (which unfortunately wasn't often enough) and would reuse the covers or bedding.  Too much hair!  Once we had to get the new dryer I knew I couldn't gross this one up with dog hair.  So..instead of buying a new bed every so often I found that buying cheap fleece blankets was the way to go!  At Walgreens or CVS you can usually get 2/$10 or 2/$7.  Which made throwing them away after a couple of months not such a hard thing to do. 

When I walked into the house yesterday the living room smelled like old dog!  Old wet dog.  The smell reminded me the dog needed new blankets.  I tell the Demon it's time to clean the dog cage.  He goes to the drawer, a drawer he always claims is full of blankets (because every time I'm out I want to pick up a couple), and informs me we have no more!  Grrrr....  off to Walgreens we go.

Once there, not much of a selection.  Well, they have quite a few - they just happened to be pink!  Don't get me wrong.  I have nothing against men wearing pink.  The Demon likes wearing pink.  He requests pink shirts..especially pink polos.   But for my dog!!??  At this point, I had no choice.


Cute huh?  Maybe for a 4 year old little girl!! Or a cutesy poodle or yorkie!  Not for a manly dog named Truck!  It's much too dainty for a poop eating gross dog! haaaaa.


You think Spike is going to poke fun?  LOL  He looked like "Wtf is going on here?  Did we get a girl?"  No Spike, no girl.. just an unprepared pet owner that now is probably going to give her manly, poop eater a complex!  Hopefully, the only thing he'll concern himself with is the fact that his cage smells good and he, once again, has clean fluffy blankies to sleep on.

3 comments:

  1. My daughter would love those blankets! LOL Tell Truck it's either pink or no blankets at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! I love it! Hank has a pastel blue bandana with pink and lavender kitties on it:) the husband about strokes out every time I put it on him. Hank seems cool with it. He knows he's whipped and the 7lb cat owns him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found blankets/comforters at St. Vincent de paul and goodwill. VERY cheap! Just wash in hot water to avoid bed bugs lol!

    ReplyDelete