April 29, 2011

A very long day!

We woke up.. on time!  We made it to the hospital.. on time!

Right now... it's about 8:30pm.  I'm still going strong.  I want to think it's the diet because, normally, I'd be snoring as soon as we walked in from the hospital.  I wouldn't even have cared to stop to eat.  Instead, I hurried to grab my yogurt and berries and chugged my 24 oz of water.  



The scopes went perfectly.  They showed minimal inflammation (which is always the case when he has these scopes while taking Prednisone) in the colon.  And only the colon..which still points to Ulcerative Colitis vs. Crohn's.  He wants to make absolutely sure the colon is diseased before it is removed.  We definitely appreciate him wanting to be completely thorough.

The camera capsule was inserted while he was under anesthesia so he had no problem swallowing the pill.  He woke up and was connected to the receptor thingie.  I'm sure that's not the medical terminology but it'll work. We then were sent home and told to return to the hospital around 4:30 to return the receptor thingie.  The camera is supposed to transmit the pictures to the receptor thingie and then we'll see the results in a couple weeks.  

All in all it was a very long, very good day.

1 comment: