April 26, 2011

Day 2 of 17...

I (along with a few of my friends) have started a new diet; The 17 Day Diet.  One of the first things you're supposed to do, each morning, is drink 1 cup of water with lemon.  Uh... that was awful.  I don't know if I'm going to be able to stick to that portion of the diet.  When I say awful.. I mean gagging awful!  I can gag down grapes..and yogurt.  But, I don't know if the lemon water is worth it.  What's the purpose of it!?   Supposedly it is to boost digestion.  I'm not sure if it's worth it if I'm going to yack first thing every morning.  Hell, maybe THAT is the purpose.  lol  I'm going to try some sweetener tomorrow - and pray that helps.

The main goal of this diet is to cut carbs & sugar (HARD) and increase lean protein.  Of the meats listed.. I like chicken and tuna.  Soooo.. looks like I'll be alternating :).  Of the vegetables?  Only green beans.  Cripes.  It's Atkins all over again!  I can do fat free salad dressing so I won't have to give up my ranch.  And, I do love eating salad.  

Since starting yesterday, I'm already down 2lbs!  Wow!!!  I hope to see serious results as I am trying to be very dedicated.  Once you hit your goal weight (and I have a long time before that happens) the diet eases up a bit.  I will have weekends free to indulge!  I'm sure, along the way, I will cave.. but I have a great group of chicas surrounding me on this journey.  

I didn't quite make my goal of 10lbs in April.  However, I will reach my 30lb goal by May 30th.

If anyone wants to learn more about this diet feel free to ask! 

3 comments:

  1. Um, I'm asking!! I gotta drop a few by my b-day at least and I'm burn out on calorie counting fo sho!
    As long as I dont have to give up coffee, that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete