February 18, 2011

Moving day...



After my Grannie's awful fall and the fact that it took my brother and me a full hour to get my Momma back upstairs after Christmas we've decided that moving my Momma next door to Grannie's house is what is best.  It's taken us about a month and half to get things into place and Saturday is the big day. 

I'm torn.  I am going to miss my Momma here.  I know the Demon is going to miss having her in the room right next to his.  I am still going to constantly worry about my Grannie.  I am worried that my Grannie keeps her house too warm for my Momma.  She has MS and can not be too warm.  It's going to be even more work for me.  Instead of going upstairs to take care of my Momma, I'm going to have to go next door.

On the other hand, I know it's for the best.  My Momma needs to be in a house with a first floor bedroom.  With my Momma over there my Grannie will never have to walk here to see my Momma.  With her in that house, for holidays & birthdays she'll be so much more included with everyone else.  With the Demon's surgery coming up having my Momma over there with my Grannie is going to be very convenient.  I will be spending the night at the hospital and Grannie can give her any medication that she gets at night.

I need to keep thinking of the positives... because I am really going to miss her.

2 comments:

  1. Awe! At least she is not moving far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((HUGS)))) I know first hand how you feel. It's not easy at all, but yes, you are doing the right thing. I know you know that, but I also know that it will take a lot of time to convince yourself of it. Hang in there, and know you are doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete