May 8, 2017

May 2017


Wow!  So, it's been more than a month since I've checked in here.  In the most recent past, I had taken a break from blogging because I was recovering from treatment.  I was just too sore (bum issues) and tired (read: exhausted) to sit and form comprehensive content.  And now?  I do not have that excuse!  

It is true, I am still recovering, but, nowadays, I experience a new type of sore.  My lower back and hips ache.  It's as if the entire radiation zone now feels like I have arthritis. My doctor's do not seem to find the connection between the aches and radiation - but nearly everyone in the support group that I belong to experience similar aches and pains.  Coincidence?!  Who knows.  All I do know is that I hurt.  If I sit or lay for any prolonged period of time, getting up and moving is rough.  Also, walking for any length of time beyond an hour has me aching as well.  Argh!  When it comes to this healing thing I need to practice patience - not a strong characteristic of mine.

As far as work goes, I am finally up to working 4 days a week!  I began with shorter work days, normally from 10am - 2pm.  I gradually increased to 3pm,..and now I'm coming into work at 9am.  However, it never failed that I'd have to call off work at least once a week to recuperate.  Last week, was the first full 4 day work week I accomplished since early February!  I'm slowly getting to where I was...slowly but surely.

Speaking of getting to where I was, I am now also focusing on my steps again.  For those new to the blog, I used to be obsessive with my steps.  It was quite annoying for anyone close to me, because that is all I would focus on throughout my day. I had to hit my goal!!! I want that feeling back.  as of right now, I am working toward 3 miles per day.  For me, that seems like such a weak goal (as I would easily hit 3 miles in one outing), but it is a struggle.  I don't want to expect too much from my body for now, and,  don't want to push and push and experience any setbacks.

I hope you all are doing well.  This month is never easy for me, since losing my mom, but I will get through it, as there is no other option.  Time moves on and we're all just along for the ride.  I wish all the mother's out there a happy mother's day!

Until next time... ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment