February 22, 2012

Scared the pee right outta him!

Yesterday afternoon Truck had an appointment with the vet.  I'm not sure if I've shared, on this blog, that he suffers from random seizures.  Not a fun experience, but since he's been on medication they are few and far between.  Normally we call in his medication and go by the vet and pick it up, quickly.  Last month I was informed that it's been a year since his last check up and before they would call in another refill he had to be seen.  Grrr.. they had me by the throat.  Either I run the risk of him having frequent seizures (that can't be healthy) or shell out some money and have his blood drawn.  I also know he was due for shots but, c'mon!, I'm poor.  So... off we went!

He's a nervous wreck once in the car.. so he's restricted to the way back.


He's always smilin'!


Just the idea of being on this cold, sterile table sends the Tookster into a panic.


He immediately barrels through my legs to vanish.


Now.. once the Vet makes his entrance the Tookmeister suddenly loses all control of his bladder (every single vet appointment).  He begins to leave puddles every where.  Everyone is trying to prevent him from laying in the puddles.  The table is lowered and he is dragged (peeing all along the way) to the table and lifted on top... still peeing.   I wonder how common this situation is for the Vet.  I mean, it's not like Truck is abused and he's so scared he has psychological issues!  Finally, a little blood is drawn and the big baby doesn't even flinch.  End of appointment...


We exit the exam room and I wait to find out the damage.  A ten minute appointment, 1 needle stick... 1 freakin' vial of blood set me back $61.00.  W.T.F?!  The appointment was scheduled for 3:30....


What a bunch of crap!

After the appointment, to celebrate Fat Tuesday, we dropped Tookie off at the house and went to Wings & Rings.

most definitely, not, on my diet.


The Demon wanted to stop by Graeter's and we each enjoyed a child size scoop of our favorite ice cream.

Dessert was paid for by.. the Demon!


We walked back into the house by 5:30pm.  It took all I could do to stay awake.. I was ready for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment