January 21, 2011

Cripes! It's cold.

Last night we received the call the Demon was going to be on a 2 hour delay from school.  Yeaaah!  That means we get to sleep in late.  About 7:45 we received the next call, once again, canceling school!  Normally, I love snow days.  However, I don't get paid if I'm not at work.. so today I braved the cold, snow and ice and made it into work...late.

On my way I realized that not every area of town seems to take the necessary time and resources to clear the streets.  I mean wtf!?  I went from streets that hadn't seen salt or a snow plow to a road that was perfectly clear.  Main roads packed with snow and ice while certain back roads were merely wet.  I'm sure it all has to do with money (or the lack of) that determines which streets are clear... it was obvious when I turned onto Richie Rich Lane from Po' Avenue.

Thank God for my Jeep and alternate ways to my work!

Enjoy your weekend.. mine will be filled with electric blankets, hot chocolate, laundry, and snowballs!

No comments:

Post a Comment