October 18, 2010

Family Fun Farm Time

We attacked the Niederman Family Farm.





We changed maze leaders a couple times while walking through the long trail.  No one really knew where we were going or how to get out.  Finally, we found the exit.. but out of the 22 acres this maze has to offer we maybe saw 2 of those said acres.  The Beast was having a great time picking up any and everything to have me take a picture.  Corn, husks and silk.


The boys also managed to squeeze in a little fun just for the two of them.  And of course, I will make them they love to pose for the obligatory wooden cut outs.  They also enjoyed some tether ball and a huge jump pillow.  There were quite a few adults that came before them that also loved the jump pillow.  Very entertaining to watch...from the sidelines.


That brings us to the dirt hill mountain.  Now, if you know me you know how anal I am about clean clothes.  If I drop anything on my clothes, whatever it is.. I immediately throw that piece of clothing into the laundry.  Stain treated!  What I let happen that day, is the opposite of everything in my being.  I told both boys (who begged to climb to the top) they could go to the top of the hill, only if they barrel rolled down the side.  Ahhhh... it was so hilarious.  I regret not video taping them as the dust was thrown around.  I also regret not snapping some quick shots of the Beast... he was also covered!  Can you see the dirt in the eyelashes? haaa!


They enjoyed petting and feeding the animals.  The cow, after seeing the camera, wanted to come in for a close up.  The cow and all of the goats enjoyed licking hands.  We also had a good time watching the pigs race around the track to get to their food.  At last, I was the good mommy/aunt and actually remembered quarters for the food machines!


Finally, we were off to the hayride and pumpkin patch.  I've never been to a pumpkin patch that you could actually take the pumpkins right off of the vine.  Well, I didn't take them off of the vine...  I lucked into my pumpkins already being removed.  From what I saw (and heard) it wasn't very easy to get the little guys off the vine without being poked with the stickers.  I've also never seen such green pumpkins!  We loaded up, as much as we could carry..and we headed back to the car.  The boys picked out a few gourds a piece and we headed home.

We had a fantastic time!  Have I mentioned lately, how much I love this time of year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment