January 30, 2017

Three.

First things first, I didn't get out and take any photos over this last week.  It's not that I didn't want to.. it's that I just didn't have the energy to get up and walk about.  I sure miss walking my baby!

Monday - I've been battling the side effects of radiation.  The worst being intestinal disturbances...thankfully those disturbances involve the lower region vs being nauseous. I'm fortunate Imodium seems to be holding the main issue at bay. I did manage to lost 4lbs over the week. Very weird since my appetite really seems to be going strong.  Although, it could very well be due to the GI issues of which I've been experiencing.  Also, it's about this day of the week that my body is reminded of the fact that I had a dose of chemo on 3 days prior.  By evening, I begin to feel pretty puny.

Tuesday - The chemo side effects are in full force.  Body aches, fogginess, basically just an overall feeling of YUCK.  I find it comparable to flu symptoms.  I hit radiation in the morning and barely make it through work.  Each day, I normally go home and nap for a couple hours, have dinner and then head to bed.  This night, I was struck with serious stomach spasms and another round of the above mentioned "disturbances".  It was rough.

Wednesday - The first day since treatment has begun that I had to miss work because of the side effects of radiation.  I just couldn't push through the day after the night before.  I did make it to radiation, then went straight home and slept the rest of the day.  

Thursday - I was back with the living.  Hit radiation and went into work.  I was slowly feeling more like myself by this day.  Each day at work I really have the desire to get out and go for a walk when I get off for the day.  That just usually never pans out.  I really push for a solid 5 hour day and then am exhausted.

Friday - Chemo!  First thing this morning I get a call from my radiation office informing me that the machine isn't working correctly.  They want to push my appointment back an hour, however, that conflicts with my chemotherapy for the day.  I hit chemo, and my plan is to run by radiation afterwards.  I get to my appointment at 10 am, they draw my blood to double check my levels before starting (everything looked great!) and by 11am they are pushing fluids.  By the time my final bag of fluids is starting (the process is fluid, pre-med 1, pre-med 2, chemo, fluid) I call radiation and let them know I'll be by before 4 pm.  I get home around 5.  Whew.. this is by far the longest day of the week for me.

Saturday/Sunday - I straightened up the house some (with the help of the Demon) and lay around the rest of the time.  I am feeling great (beyond my booty issues that still won't go away thanks to the "disturbances").  My weekend included loads of Roseanne and Psych - not a bad way to spend my time!

All in all a pretty basically normal radiation/chemotherapy week for me.  I do hope these updates aren't all too boring to read. Most of these recaps are for me and my want to look back on these, months from now, and see how far I've come.  However, I want to also pass my personal experience on to anyone else that could be going through a new diagnosis. (or God forbid may ever have to in the future..)

I hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment