October 17, 2012

A day spent at the punkin' farm!


Saturday was a beautiful day.  At first, I was kind of upset about it warming up to 75°ish.  I wanted it to stay as cool as it had been over the past week or so.  I wanted (can you imagine me whining?) it to be cool, perfect, hoodie weather!!  However, I was pleasantly surprised.  It was just windy enough to be enjoyable.

We hit the corn maze as soon as we got there.  


Every year that we manage to hit a corn maze the boys make it their mission to find the best and worst looking corn to photograph.


This year we thought we'd try out a new farm - Young's Dairy - and we were not disappointed!  Throughout this maze there were questions that we could answer to try to "win" a coupon for a discount for something else on the farm.  Is it awful that we all pulled out our cell phones to try to find the answers?  If so, then we totally did not do that, instead, we knew 'em all!  & earned those coupons.  :)


After we made our way out of the maze the Demon wanted to attack the batting cages. Unfortunately, the Beast isn't able to do anything that requires possibly twisting that knee.. so he had to sit this one out.


After he struck out about 12 times, we were on our way to the pumpkin patch to try to find the perfect pumpkins.


I don't know if you can tell or not, the Demon doesn't look too thrilled.  He was semi pouting about his poor performance in the batting cage.  You can also see the happiness in the Beast!  It's been awhile since he's been able to get out and about because of his surgery.



 I love everything about looking for that just right green pumpkin.  I was on the hunt for a white one too, but was unsuccessful.   I didn't see one single white pumpkin...until... we got back on the tractor and a rotten kid sitting across from me had one in his lap!  boooo.  Don't think that I didn't imagine snatching it from his hands and tripping him as I ran away clutching that perfect white pumpkin! 

As the Demon was bending over to grab a pumpkin, he was stuck!  He discovered a lot of little sticky burs.  Not long after he discovered them - the Beast did as well.  Of course, it then became the war of the burs.  The Demon would finally pick the last one off and the Beast would attack with more!  It ended with the Demon wearing his shirt backward as that was the only way he could see the damage.


The tractor took us back closer to the Jeep and we dropped off our haul and we were then off to putt putt!


There were so many people at the farm that day.  I imagine they are pretty busy all Autumn long.  Surprisingly though, we didn't have to wait very long for anything we were wanting to do.  That was, until we were finished with putt putt and wanted to eat dinner.  50 minutes, is what we were told was the wait! 

No, thank you!  Instead... we went to grab some of their famous homemade ice cream!


Yes, it was as good as it looks! 

We waited a little while longer for the sun to set and we went straight for the line for the haunted wagon ride!


He's so animated!  The wagon ride was loads of fun and we didn't have to wait long at all for our turn.  Quite amazing really, when you consider how long I had to wait to use the bathroom!

This specific farm is over an hour away from my house.  Normally, I'd completely dismiss driving so far for just some pumpkins and putt putt.  I can't explain how much we enjoyed ourselves.  Unfortunately, my brother and sister in law had to work.  I hope we can all arrange our schedules so that everyone can be there, next year.

Oh.. before I end this crazy long post - I have to show you what happens when a couple of teenage boys are asked to hold the camera while I run to the bathroom.


HA!  Thank God I am just as immature as a couple of 14 year old guys. 

Enjoy your Wednesday  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment