October 16, 2012

a 9.5 on the creepy scale.


Here's the last post having to do with our little walk last week.   We walked in and out of the woods as we could.  In some spots entering the woods was blocked by rusted fencing.  In other areas it was open - it was those areas we would enter, depending on how interesting that specific area appeared.

We walked and walked...


Not long after finding the leaves, walnuts, slate and the garbage, we stumbled upon this...


To say that I was creeped out, would be an understatement.  We were deep enough into the woods that I could no longer see the houses.  I could see nothing but trees and I could hear nothing but creaking and cracking of limbs and falling, rustling leaves. 


The dog did not look happy to be there and was pulling the leash wanting to walk on.  But, if you know me, you know that we couldn't pass up an opportunity to grab a picture!


quickly snapping this picture and we were back on our way but, after finding this, I wanted to get the heck outta there as quickly as I could.  With each creepy sound the wind was making I found myself looking over my shoulder praying that I'd see nothing and no one.



We continued walking...and wondering.  Wondering how in the world we were supposed to get out of here?  I mean, we could just go for it.. walk straight to our right through the woods.  However, I wasn't quite at the freak out level that would excuse ripping out my hair by all of the tree limbs that were in our way.

Unfortunately, the freak out level rose once we walked up to this...



WHAT the what?!  I have no idea what this is or why anyone would build this and lean the long sticks against this woodish mantle thingy.  At this point, all I knew was this area was obviously occupied by someone/thing and I didn't want to be here when they/it returned.


There is an obvious log for sitting in front of a small fire pit.   We were still far enough into the woods that the houses were not visible.  What in the hell would we have done if some creep was there and all we had for survival was my camera, my phone and a poop eating wimp of a dog?!?!  

We had to get OUT.  Still, we followed along the path and I kept my eyes on our backs as the Demon led the way...


We finally made our way out and this is the first thing I saw - after emerging from the woods.


Really?!  I must recommend that the city install these signs in the woods.  It would've come in handy having arrows directing us out of these creeptastic woods.

Will I ever go back?  Probably... but it will be after all the leaves are gone and I have a visual on the street!  Oh, and a weapon in hand.

1 comment: